I agree with you Chris.
The problem is how to distribute the assets. Assets can't be owned by the
society in general (communism). It is proven useless  Assets can't be
handled by other big entities (banks etc.) as they will act similarly to
communism.
In a healthy society the assets are benefitting most people. We have a
middle class. Over the last 50 years we have concentrated the assets. That
is dangerous as it creates a base for action due to unfair distribution.
That outcome is not beneficial to anyone.
Lennart