Hi,
[snip]
>Elon Musk may have gone all-in for lithium too soon (but Li does work with
>Iodine in a traditional electrolyte system,  so maybe he is already there).

Iodine would not be my first choice for an oxidant in a battery, because it's so
heavy. I think it would probably be more productive to work on developing air
based batteries that use Oxygen as the oxidant, particularly as it doesn't need
to be included in the battery mass. This is especially so if the end product is
water which can be disposed of into the environment.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

local asymmetry = temporary success