From: melmil...@juno.com <melmil...@juno.com>
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2018 7:02 PM
To: m...@theworld.com
Cc: ahern_br...@msn.com
Subject: Re: CMNS: Re: [Vo]:Science does sometimes reject valid discoveries

Mitchell,
Thank-you for defending my C/F work against the false allegations by Brian
Ahern.  I would like to add the following:

1. Radiation was measured in the 1990 experiments showing the correlation of
excess heat and helium-4 production. Dental film placed close to the cell
showed fogging in both experiments, and these results were shown in the
publication.  Many later experiments not producing any excess heat gave no
fogging of  such dental films.  Later experiments showed high G-M radiation
counts for some Pd/D experiments.
2. The 1990 experiments with excess power gave some of the highest values  that
I observed reaching about 0.38 W of excess power.
3 .Calculations show that  my cell producing 0.100 W of excess power at a cell
current of 0.525 A will theoretically produce 10.7 ppb He-4 for the D + D =
He-4  reaction.  The measurement of He-4   for this experiment  reported a
value of 12.2 ppb.  Subtracting my background gives 7.4 ppb.  These
measurements  of  He-4 claimed an accuracy of +- 0.1 ppb, thus this result is a
74 sigma effect in terms of the He-4 measurements. This experiment was the most
accurate in terms of He-4 measurements.  Other groups measuring He-4 for my
experiments reported an accuracy of about +-1.0 ppb.  Even for a 5 ppb
measurement above background, this represents a 5 sigma effect.  The background
using metal flasks was 4.5 +-0.5 ppb for experiments with no excess power, and
this background was always subtracted in my reports of He-4 production.
4.  The diffusion of He-4 was later measured for these same glass flasks, and
the results would not have affected my 1990 results using these  glass  flasks.
 There was no diffusion of He-4 into the metal flasks that were later used.
5. My 1990 results used Pd/HO as controls.  There was no excess power measured
and no He'd produced.
6.  This work has been  replicated by several different groups including
Mackerel at SRI with funding from DAR PA.

Mel Miles

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 08:12:35 -0500 "Dr. Mitchell Swartz"