Given the immediacy of the global warming crisis I think Jed comments are
well thought-out. Maybe we should look at leaving the nuclear waste
disposal issue to future generations while we work to solve the problems of
climate change. Modern reactor design has improved both in safety and in
the amount of waste created so it may not be as large of a problem to
manage when compared to the possibility of global Extinction from climate
change.

Eventually that solution will not work in the long run and the world will
need to change to renewable sources of energy.