Hi,
[snip]
>IMO the focus on mass-energy equivalence at the present time is not helpful
>in this field. It should be set aside until there is a rough explanation of
>the nuclear dynamics without it. Harry
[snip]
Calculation of the energy yield / atom would actually tell us a lot, because
there is a considerable difference in yield between the various theories. I.e.

Electron shrinkage (e.g. Mills):                ev-keV
Fusion:                                         MeV
Complete conversion of matter to energy:        GeV

There is roughly a factor of 1000 between each theory, so the energy / atom
could be a good indicator. Even if the measured value lies somewhere in between,
it would likely be an indication that the energy is coming from a combination of
the above, and even indicate which combination is most likely.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

local asymmetry = temporary success