+0000:
Hi,
[snip]

>Robin and Jones—
>
>One thing I noticed is that the Nano -sized MG particles are made (a  least in
>part) by ion deposition.  I can envision a Ni-H base or a Pd base or merely a
>Ni base  particle with layers of a few  atoms thickness that are the reactants
>at the surface of the nano particle which readily emit charged alphas or other
>charged particles that can facilitate direct electrical current and its
>energy.

Direct electrical conversion may be possible if the particles could be suspended
in vacuum in a magnetic field, in a chamber where the resonance frequency = the
cyclotron frequency of the alphas in the magnetic field. This would essentially
be a sort of magnetron that was "internally" powered, and the EM energy could
then be tapped as the radius of the cycling alphas decreased while they
delivered their energy to the resonant field. The distance between particles
should be kept >> than the diameter of the circle that the alphas make in the
field at their most energetic, to ensure that only a tiny percentage impact
other particles and lose energy to heat.

[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

local asymmetry = temporary success