A LENR reaction producing 4-He (alpha) from D*-D* does not emit kinetic alphas as there is no momentum available. All nuclear magnetic flux is symmetric! Only in a case where e.g. 3-He 3-H would be produced out of D*-D* there can be a "small" kinetic part.

A different case is the Holmlid reaction, where we see a disproportion of D*_x clusters with Kaon/Pion/Muon decay of certain protons where as others can go to alphas.

Proving LENR with kinetic alpha detection (Mayer Boss) was one of the main historic errors for the failure of the LENR confirmation. Direct measurement of 4-He was always successful.

Just forget standard model explanations as it does not account for the nuclear mass being EM mass.

J.W.