Harry,

I'm glad that people are reexamining models of the motion of trapped
"bodies" on the surface of a "sphere".

Your comment about the varying weight density of the stone may touch on the
explanation of the Goos-Hanchen and Imbert-Federov effects on total
internal reflection at the optical level.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goos%E2%80%93H%C3%A4nchen_effect
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbert%E2%80%93Fedorov_effect
I consider these effects to be important in the total-internal-reflection,
bound-photon, model of the electron.

Andrew
_ _ _