From: Blaze Spinnaker

➢ Communism/Fascism is great for quarantining.   Not sure it's that great for
sharing critical information broadly, coming up with vaccines, medical tests
and and treatments.

There is no doubt about that first part (quarantining is greatly facilitated) …
except NOT the other items - such as the vaccines. China already has many
vaccines in hospital testing stage ( 4 of them are for a US invented vaccine).
Would we ever test one of theirs?

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/news/generex-covid-19-vaccine/

And there are many other treatments in testing from  their own R&D. The irony
is that if any of them works, we in the USA could be forced to buy vaccine
from them, to cure an outbreak that came from there 0  since testing in the USA
can take a year at best to guarantee “safety” of the test subjects. In Asia, it
is sad but true that “ life is cheap” and only the group matters, not the
individual.

But the real advantage of the Chinese hybrid system (part capitalism part
state-control – but not muvh actual communism) could be the in future of AI.

They have four time more students enrolled in engineering and science than the
USA does and many of ours came from over there anyway. Sure, they also have
four times more population but it can be argued that the first country to
install widespread AI will dominate the World economy for years – and getting
AI in place depends on the number of engineers with little  regard to the
general population. Look at the incredible speed that Tesla took advantage of
to build a new manufacturing plant in China. That took centralized planning,
not political bickering. Here the plan would have been shelved in committee.

This political season and the over-the-top  sensitivity of the NYSE to anything
negative has made a lot of people wonder if we should not think about the ways
to restructure capitalism as a first priority … and then ditch party politics
as an anachronism . Do we really need it?