Hi Bob,
[snip]
>I believe photons to be corpuscles having more than one cycle (sort of like
>a gaussian envelope) but finite in size.  The envelope is a soliton
>solution supported by the nonlinearity of the aether; which is different
>from a linear EM excitation of the aether.  Each photon contains a fixed
>energy as a corpuscle.  You cannot ascribe an energy/cycle because the
>waveform is not sine.

Then what are frequency/wavelength related to in such an entity?

>Also, within the nonlinearity of the photon
>excitation of the aether, the velocity is different due to the
>nonlinearity.  Photons must have a fixed size, commensurate with the
>electron orbital that can absorb it.

Try assuming that absorption depends on frequency not size.
Take the swing example. A push at the right moment leads to large oscillations,
even though the length of the "push" is
much smaller than the amplitude of the oscillation. IOW frequency (timing), not
size, determines energy transfer.

>Photons propagate completely
>differently than normal linearly excited EM waves.

So where is the frequency dividing line? IOW If radio waves are EM waves, and
light is photons, then at what frequency
does that change over from EM waves to photons occur?

>Photons don't arise from Maxwell's equations because Maxwell's equations
>are a linear description of space.  Maxwell believed there IS an aether and
>his equations reflect this.  Even though the aether was not measured, they
>continued to use Maxwell's equations for normal EM excitation because they
>worked (proving there is an aether).  Those that believe there is no aether
>cannot understand the possibility of a soliton solution for a photon.
>Soliton solutions require a nonlinear medium.  From their perspective, if
>space is empty, how can "nothing" be nonlinear?  From my perspective, the
>existence of photons provides another proof that there is an aether and it
>is nonlinear.

...only if photons are indeed Solitons.
[snip]
Regards,