Robin <mixent...@aussiebroadband.com.au> wrote:

> A gram of Hydrogen represents the explosive power of about 30 gm of TNT.
> Several hundred grams of Hydrogen would equate
> to about 9 kg of TNT. That's a little more than a pop under the hood.

Well, if it is a problem, I suppose they could use 20 g instead of 100. The
point is, you only need 1 or 2 g per year. Also, bear in mind there is no
oxygen in the cell. It cannot explode unless the cell leaks or is
punctured. It is not likely all the gas will come out at once, especially
since much of it will be absorbed in a hydride. It takes a while to degass.

I think it would be someone less likely to cause harm than the acid sealed
in a lead acid battery. Granted, such batteries cause 22,000 injuries per
year, but I think mainly from explosions, which should be rare or
completely absent with cold fusion cells, by the time we make them work.

https://trid.trb.org/view/786316