With a P-out/P-in of 4.0 for the Helmholtz/Joe Cell, the 54%
Otto Cycle or 64% Diesel  Cycle can allow "Self-Sustained" shaft power
output without major tooling  Jones.

http://members.aol.com/engware/calc3.htm

BTW. There was a restaurant in Clinton ran by a little old lady
where Don Ernst (RCA then Thermacore) and I really enjoyed
the homespun atmosphere and cooking, while we dissected
Potassium-Argon filled Nickel heat pipes in 1969-70.

Fred