Colin,
Extraordinary claims, extraordinary evidence...

There's an art to doing science. One has the knack or not...

Stick with hardball experimental fact (peer reviewed facts) not conjecture
if you want to engineer something new. Eg. the stuff I do, independent flux
criterion is old-old EM, EPR/Bell/Aspect has been checked to 46 standard
deviations, electromagnetic momentum in static induction cases pretty well
known and checked.

Then apply logic to take the next step...
(I propose a paradigm shift here: The Engineer as the Theoretician - both
mathematical modelling and the design of experiments to enter new realms).

Now there are certain things which beggar belief, holies of holies that if
you are going to challenge them require a mechanism. They require
intellectual input to say just how that *is so*, to open a new door, but we
do that step by step at a time without Mathmagical Fizziks (unless you are
genuinely gifted at it and have a track record like Dirac, Pauli, Feynman,
Schwinger) ----

*Theory based on hardball facts*. Use Occam's Razor for goddam sake!

(I like Occam, he lived just down the A3 out of London other side of the M25
way back in the 11th C on the way to Surrey Uni. Hail Occam!!).

Now when people start talking about violating the *1st Law* it can only
mean:

1) The constants of nature have changed over the timescale of your
experiment.
2) That some new force has been found.

((Incidentally with the Steorn stuff why, if some new force has been found,
would it couple exclusively to magnetic forms of energy? Why not light,
heat, phonons? One can bet if some new process had been discovered *it would
generate heat* - processes happening on the micro-level would tend to get
randomised and end up that way - take the heat of radioactive decay.))

Similar concerns arise with violations of momentum or momenergy (in
Relativistic parlance) conservation. Break momentum conservation and one has
automatically broken the 1st law in other inertial frames unless there is
something to take up the 'slack'.

That something could be an 'ether' try: Graham and Lahoz, "Observation of
static electromagnetic angular momentum in vacuo", Nature Vol. 285, 154
(1980).

It won't be ZPE: "Comment on Zero-point Fluctuations and The Cosmological
Constant", Michel F.C., Astrophysical Journal, 466:660-667, (1996).

Because that stuff is based on a false premise. Period. (See the paper).

Now as regards theory of EM waves and how they exchange momentum and angular
momentum, an error here would propagate ('xcuse the pun) into other areas of
physics to make it obvious that standard EM theory was incorrect despite
billions of person-hours of physicists and engineers.

Regards, my two-cents worth.
Remi.

P.S. It sort of reminds me of radical student protests: yeah, let's throw
out the establishment. Yeah! Let's abolish the system! Yeah let's abolish
erudition! Let's talk in grunts. Abolish reasoned debate so old fashioned!
Abolish logic! Abolish speech. Grunt, growl, snarl, hiss. You get the
picture.