-0500:
Hi,
[snip]
>Hi Colin,
>
>Regarding this newfangled EM Drive, some things don't add up from my point of
>view. In one article it was theorized by the researchers that the "force" only
>works at maximum efficiency if the operating EMDrive is stationary, that is,
>when it isn't moving. They went on to speculate that the force emanating from
>the EMDrive weakens as velocity accumulates.

I think the most accurate statement that I can recollect was that
it draws power as it accelerates. This power comes from that
resonating in the chamber, which of course reduces the force.

This shouldn't really come as a surprise. They aren't claiming a
free energy device. All it really means is that energy needs to be
added at the same rate at which it is converted into
kinetic/gravitational energy IMO.

So one needs to have a MW reactor on board. So what?

Look at it from this point of view:-

A certain amount of power is required just to counteract the force
of gravity, and cover losses. If more power is added, then the
lifting force increases, and the craft rises consuming any excess
supplied.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/