Don't misunderstand.  I am not a popular media drone nor shill for any
particular political party platform.  I am not dismissing the science nor
challenging the credibility of the front liners... what I am challenging is
the causality that is being applied.  In statistics it's called "failing to
reject the null hypothesis".  It's a tricky way of saying something might be
true because it can not be conclusively proven to be false (in short
'definitely maybe').  It's the classic argument of theology... the existence
of a supreme being can neither be proven or disproved so many/most fail to
reject the null-hypothesis and assume true.

There is no doubt excessive CO2 and evaporating methane cathrates will have
a significant impact on the environment.  There is no question that current
activities of our parasitic infestation of this planet are the source of
much of the CO2 spike.  I think it's just irresponsible to hang our hat
entirely on atmospheric pollution global warming to explain increases in
tectonic and volcanic activity and deep water temperature changes,
especially in context to KNOWN, CYCLICAL geological and astronomic events
that are converging on this time frame... 1) magnetic flip of the poles 2)
pending ice age 3) increased solar output.  Our pollution is No.4 at best
and most likely on the tail end of the 80/20 on a pareto chart.  In the
strata it will be nothing more than a finger print that we were even here.
My money is on pole flip and the resulting inductive heating of the planet
core as flux lines are forced out of alignment with the sun's polarity...
but hey, that's just me.

My point is this... shame on us for crapping in our own fish bowl, but even
if we 100% stopped all polluting activities today these other CYCLICAL
events would continue and dramatic environmental change would still happen.
This is not conjecture, this relentless march is detailed in the strata over
eons.  It is only our own arrogance that precludes us to believe we have an
over reaching role in this process... to cause it or stop it.  We are
contributory bystanders at best IMO.

I know this isn't popular topic and I will agree to disagree with
dissenters.  I have no interest in perpetuating this thread any further...

-john