>>Can we assume that the temperature of the magnetized sample is
>>always less than ambient?

That is correct and over a number of tests varied in the range of (-.5
to -1.6) C' below ambient. I did of course assure that this was just not a
location anomaly. The last series was conducted in a fume hood with vents
off.

>>As for the white precipitate, which could be calcium leached from
>>the beaker - this could be due to the extra "wetting" of a lower
>>surface tension in the magnetized water. Magnetic fields lower the
>>surface tensions of H2O by up to 8% according to Chaplin.

Yes, after you mentioned this I looked back and indeed these beakers were
used in some prior electrolysis work with electrolyte containing Boron. You
may have answered the whole question "Poor Lab Work"

Yet the temperature difference is my prime interest and must start with new
glassware and will know by the weekend if indeed this is where it's coming
from, then?