On Mar 17, 2007, at 11:00 AM, Jones Beene wrote:

Well - the Ormus stuff and David Hudson, in particular, have been mentioned many times in the (far) past on vortex. Some of that

Yea, I vaguely remember. A little secret; I transitioned to Vortex-L from Skeptics-L (was that what it was called?) around 1995. I thinks that about when it got going. I keep up intermittently.

The exciton changes everything, and together with QM and the quasi- BEC (i.e. "RTT BEC" or room temperature transitory Bose Einstein Condensate) may end up validating parts of the Ormus concept - (and parts of LENR as well) who knows?

I rarely am on the deep edge of particle physics, so thanks for these new leads.

BTW - the Wiki entry on this subject (exciton) is woefully inadequate and misses much of the latest R&D which is largely being performed by such heavyweights as Intel, AMD and IBM-Almaden but with little in the way of published results. If not for my personal proximity to this area and having an associates who is at least tangentially involved with this R&D, it would be largely hidden from view.

I'd love to hear a story or two, if you would / can. It'd be a great kick-start to more digging.

Did you hear about the recent assert of a 'new state of matter'?
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-03/ns-hrf031407.php

I talks about entangled electron fractional-spins. It's fun for me, because in my ignorant ideating ~1yr ago it occurred to me that we may be about to realize a 5th state of matter ("5th world", to quote the indigenous) that would be manifest of synchronization / entanglement. I wondered if ORME stuff may be related to this 'new' state of matter, but my models aren't sufficient yet.

Zak