Hi Robin

At least we are not arguing over what is the meaning of "is" ...

> Most of the fuel mass carried aloft is O2, so any improvement in the energy
derived from it would be valuable. However doing so implies adding energy to the
O2 molecules. If this is done on the ground, then you are taking extra energy
along with you. If you have to do this while in flight, then the extra energy
has to come from somewhere else. Where?

The O2 is first used to cool the rocket motor before entering the reactor. This
 helps keep the motor from melting from the intense heat.

In so doing lots of heat and pressure are added. The change in structure to
di-ozone (if there is such a thing) at that point, and before combustion, may
be endothermic, and the required UV radiation would be more catalytic than
parasitic. Still you would need lots of electricity. Who knows - an induction
coil placed around the motor to extract some of the moving plasma charge ?? Hey
if NASA wants to give me a consulting contract, I'll work on it ....<g>