One warped comment to add into the bogosity mix:

> People are not destroying the planet.. maybe
themselves
> individually and in collective groups.. but not the
planet..

I agree with this part of Richard's summation, but he
may be viewing the situation in the context of a
narrow religious prophecy. Understandable, yet ....

This prophecy, and others from diverse traditions, may
be both surprisingly accurate in terms of a coming
disaster, yet at the same time - misleading ...
horribly misleading if you are among the hopeful class
of believers looking for "rapture" based solely on
faith, and especially if it is a faith which accepts
war under false pretenses, and wealth accumulation in
the face of enforced poverty, as acceptable goals.

As it turns out, ancient prophecy from many traditions
can be reinterpreted into a modern context, which
end-result may be more troubling to 'true believers'
than some kind of Armageddon which favors only a
"chosen" group.

IOW there is a kind of 'end of days' scenario
approaching, in the guise of an evolutionary jump, but
it is extremely doubtful that the individuals who
think they are in the chosen group really are - as the
criteria will likely be a big surprise; and will have
little to do with what most dogma indicates. The
master plan is like a many-layered Russian egg - but
it may unravel - as the secret could not be hidden
from all.

IF -- all the data about the human interaction with
the planet were to be evaluated by a superior but
non-human mentality, there is one conclusion, which
every almost every human has missed, thus far.

Indeed, ID is not a fiction, and yes there 'could be'
evidence of goal-directed ongoing planning, especially
in the rapid advances in the past two decades in
computers, artificial intelligence, genetic
engineering, networking and robotics ....

.... there 'could be' evidence that the master plan
involves a forced evolutionary change... and that the
NWO will involve much more than a united world
government.

... there 'could be' evidence that the master plan
will involve an extreme forced reduction in human
population and Matrix-like enslavement (instead of
rapture) for the survivors.

How would the reality of "pre-planned" global warming,
and the efforts under way by some to abet and
co-conspire - i.e. to force the alarmists to ignore
the implications of that trend until it is too late to
do anything to halt it -  how would that possible
scenario fit into the revised 'Russian egg'
triple-cross prophecy?

Without sounding too cynical, it is pretty clear than
an "evolutionary jump" is much closer at hand than
many of us chose to realize, and that the way is being
paved for recipients of that technological largess to
be chosen for the big-jump (i.e. a 'rebirth' not
spiritual but physical, into an advanced race) based
on criteria which is a total heresy and abomination to
what is contained in scripture (until that dogma is
drastically reinterpreted, which will happen).

... yet all the while, those who are in-the-know, are
holding out some kind of false hope (a kind of
facilitating promise) to the 'mass of believers' who
will be triple-crossed, in the end. Curiously, even
the present US administration is NOT in-the-know, and
they are being duped by yet a higher order of ID.

Harry Tuttle, who has been spying on the NWO for some
time has told me privately that the Neo-Con thing was
just a ruse. Yes, people like W are tools (in more
ways than one) and are getting direct messages from ID
- but the conent is bogusly decieving.

Yup ... sorry to say it, W, but the trickster has been
hard at work, once again, and it will be mostly the
Limo-Liberals who will be positioned and selected for
the new master race.  Enjoy you rapturous stay in the
NeoCon wing of the Matrix ....

Kokopelli rules  ;-)