From: John Berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 7:56:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:to John Berry regarding GW

Balls.
The argument that us 'puny humans' can't effect the environment isn't based on
science, it's just a philosophy if you could call it that. (It's a stupid
ignorant assumption you are happy to risk the world to)

One thing you have to note is that there are 6 Billion of us puny humans, the
second thing is that I totally agree with you, human's can't effect the CO2
level or the temperature.
Technology can however.

Ok, so they disputed it, should I take that to mean they refuted the data that
CO2 has been rising?
Because the evidence that CO2 effects global temperature is quite undeniable.

I agree there is emotional nonsense but I think it is coming from deniers,
perhaps because believing that Global Warming is happening is disquieting and
people need to feel everything is ok, that's why people trust the system,
politicians and doctors even if there is lots of evidence to the contrary.

It's why people turn a blind eye to the poisons in their food.
It's the same motivation that makes people not want to be responsible, not
really present.
So much of human existence is about hiding real feelings, real thought as
things are without preconceptions.

It is hard to really get to the core of people, people are used to being
shallow not deep.
Truth isn't our friend, nor is light.

Or perhaps because they voted for Bush and own stock in oil companies.

It isn't Gore making a killing, Bush has the monopoly on killing.

On 4/23/07, PHILIP WINESTONE <