yes.   the laser on the paper causes static, the toner than sticks to that
static, so that toner only sticks to areas where the laser has excited.  the
heater element then mlets the toner to the page.  the large amount of static
generated is one of the reasons a laser printer running overtime smells like
ozone.

no clue about paraelectricity.

--
That which yields isn't always weak.