For the adventurous Googling "Lattice Vibrations", Diffusion,  Applets
brings
up this Phonon Applet.

*http://dept.kent.edu/projects/ksuviz/leeviz/phonon/phonon.html*<http://dept.kent.edu/projects/ksuviz/leeviz/phonon/phonon.html>

This suggests that Cold Fusion-LENR-CANR experiments would be cheaper
using a computer (SuperComputer?) program.