Jones,

A marked difference exists in cold fusion between what the experiments tell us and what people propose to happen based on their overactive imaginations. The paper you quote is pure speculation that has no basis in reality. As Horace has correctly noted, cracks are bad.

Ed

Jones Beene wrote:
--- Horace :

Well, there is the case of fractofusion, but that is

not an excess heat phenomenon and arguably not even a
cold fusion phenomenon.

OK - Here is some of what I was referring to, this from Frisone in Italy:

"Theoretical model of the probability of fusion
between deuterons within deformed lattices with
micro-cracks at room temperature"

There are many other hits using the keywords "LENR"
and "microcracking" which I have not checked on. I am
pretty sure that Mitchell Swartz has seen similar
results to Frisone.

"In this work, we wish to demonstrate that a reaction
path as the following, dislocations, deformations due
to thermodynamic stress and, finally, micro-crack
occurrence, can enhance the process of fusion of the
deuterons introduced into the lattice by deuterium
"In fact, calculating the rate of
deuteron-plasmon-deuteron fusion within a micro-crack,
showed, together with an enhancement of the tunneling
effect, an increase of at least 2-3 orders of
magnitude
compared to the probability of fusion on the no
deformed lattice."

Well - That claim (if true) seems to run contrary to
what you are saying, despite the lack of direct
evidence for excess heat, per se ... unless, of
course, the excess heat which is seen without
microcracks is derived from a source other than
fusion.

Jones