On May 27, 2008, at 5:59 AM, Jones Beene wrote:

--- Horace Heffner wrote:

Various articles state that the demo temperature
rose to 70 deg. C.  Why does Fig. 5b not show this?

I think the confusion (and the previous comment about
the low delta-T) is due to the *older* experiments by
the same authors - and the older papers being
conflated with the new results. Which paper are you
referring to?

I refer to the last two posts by Jed Rothwell, which include Fig. 1 Experimental device, and Fig. 5B, the temperature vs time graph. It is my point that the graph makes no sense without much more information - and in fact raises some doubt it represents actual data from either the demonstration or even from the device diagrammed in Fig. 1. In any case, the data in the graph does not appear it can be a solid indication of excess energy without additional instrumentation - like flow data and temperature difference measurements. There is also the open question of what the helium data looks like. So, we are left with the questions just what do these figures represent, and is there more data and/or an entirely different set of data?

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/