thomas malloy wrote:

Edmund Storms wrote:

. Regardless of the difficulty in accepting the claims and observations, when thousands of people keep experiencing the same reproducible events, something real must be happening. I don't want this to be a discussion of Sai Baba. Nevertheless, his existence raises some important questions about how we evaluate reality. Since we are discussing reality and how to separate the real from the imagined, we must evaluate such phenomenon by

Sai Baba is an interesting person. I met a man who was healed by him. Worn out knees are difficult to fix, and expensive to replace. Materializing gold is quite a trick too. It would be interesting to do an analysis of that ash that he materalizes.

Indeed, I suggest he is more than interesting, Thomas. Every once in awhile a person comes along who has such unusual abilities that the whole fabric of conventional reality is brought into question. This, I believe, is what Sai Baba has done. He makes claims about how the spirit reality works and does things that are impossible without his claims being true. In fact, he readily admits, this is exactly what his "tricks" are intended to do. In his case, what appears to be magic actually occurs, as many people have clearly seen. Consequently, his existence is unique and needs to be examined beyond the claims and logic of religion. As he says, he is the messenger who comes from the spirit world about every 2000 years to clean up the mess mankind has made of the last message. This is a claim worth exploring without imposing any religious connotations.

As for the "ash" and objects he materializes, these have been examined closely by scientists in India, as you might expect. Also, you can forget the arguments advanced by the usual skeptics because his abilities have been examined very closely in India by experts and thousands of people on many occasions. Apparently, the objects he materializes are "normal" and seem to have been transported from where they are made by the usual methods into his hand where they become visible. Of course, the process violates our ideas of space and time. The "ash" is a water soluble organic material similar to solid honey that is observed to form about a centimeter below his outstretched palm in quantities that are observed on occasion to reach many hundreds of pounds. It is also been observed that the material forms spontaneously in the homes of certain people in India. Of course, all of this has to be accepted from the testimony of people who have witnessed the events, of which there are many thousand in India. And of course, some of the events will be exaggerated. This does not change the fact that such a person with very unusual abilities exists at the present time. At last count, I found at least 150 books about him available on www.amazon.com.

Ed

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---