Good question, Steven. If this method is as good as claimed, it is the best and only method I believe that can result in a commercial device. Earlier use of palladium black by Arata showed similar behavior. Using this material, McKubre (SRI) replicated the claimed heat production and produced some tritium in the process. As a result, the method looks very promising. But, the difference between a scientific experiment and a practical device is always vast and littered with pitfalls.

Ed

OrionWorks wrote:

I have found the exchange of opinions expressed so far educational.

Let me pose a question I don't think has been explored adequately

Does anyone here imagine it conceivable that Arata's experiment points
to a practical way of scaling up the generation of heat to commercial
and industrial levels?

Granted this might be a difficult question to answer under the current
circumstances since I gather Arata has yet to clarify a number of
critical components.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com