Jeff, I suggest you get a copy of my book "The Science of Low Energy Nuclear Reaction" available from World Scientific. I spent 6 months providing an answer to your question, which is not worth repeating.

Ed

Jeff Driscoll wrote:

What are the best papers in cold fusion and what are the web links to them? Preferably web links that won't change over long periods time. Base it on the reputation of the researcher (even if that is subjective) and the quality of the work. I've listed one below. Can people find others that they think are good and briefly summarize the paper? I'd like to see responses to this email have a lot of good information as opposed to short, unhelpful comments. Here is one of my choices:
"Anomalous heat from atomic hydrogen in contact with potassium carbonate."
Robert Shaubach at Thermacore wrote this paper sometime in the early 1990's. In it, 6 meters of nickel tubing is wound into a coil, pressurized with 1030 psi of hydrogen, submerged in a solution of 0.6 M potassium carbonate and heated to steady state with 35 watts. They measure 50 watts of excess heat over 5 hours and they only measure 3 watts of excess heat using sodium carbonate as the liquid surrounding the nickel tube. http://www.hydrino.org/Labs/Anomalous-Heat-from-Atomic-Hydrogen.pdf

What happened with this experiment? Is Shaubach still doing this type of research?