Hi,
[snip]
>The Mills interpretation does not make chemical sense.  Normally, NaH
>decomposes into H2 and Na metal when this happens at high
>temperature.

I'm sure that that happens, however how many such experiments have also measured
the energy resulting from the reaction? IOW is it possible that no one noticed
the Mills reaction because they weren't looking for it? (This is where my lack
of practical experience really shines through.) :(

If heat measurements were done, and no anomaly was detected, then IMO that would
rule out the mechanism I described yesterday where the molecule simply
dissociates into Na++ + Hy + 2 e-. That would only leave the other possibility,
where an H approaching an NaH molecule converts into a Hydrino while breaking up
the molecule. The latter would likely also only be possible in a situation where
atomic H is present, and hence may explain the necessity of the Ni catalyst. If
atomic H is only present on the surface of the catalyst, then having a catalyst
with a large surface area would be important.
Coating the catalyst with NaOH would ensure that the NaH was produced in close
proximity to the nascent H on the surface.
BTW if the Hy, that was formed, became bound to the surface of the Ni, then it
might also eventually hinder the formation of H from H2, thus explaining why the
reaction eventually grinds to a halt. This would also appear to be consistent
with shape of the decay curve of the output energy.

>This is an ionic bonded compound, which means the
>bonding electron moves from an orbit main associated with H to an
>orbit mainly associated  with Na. Decomposition causes a reverse of
>this situation.  What extraordinary event or process would change this
>expected and observed process?

No idea.

>It is not logical to assume an event
>just because it is required to fit your theory. Like the requirement
>in cold fusion, the process used to explain the process must also be
>observed and be consistent with events not associated with the
>phenomenon.

Agreed.
[snip]
Regards,