http://www.religioustolerance.org/reciproc.htm

----- Original Message ----
From: Mike Carrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Humans inherit in their biology a necessary system to defend "self" from
"other"; it is our immune system, defending against disease. Language labels
things and people and blends "you" with "those people". People come to react
to words and labels as if they were individuals and things. Thus politicians
and marketers communicate and manipulate. We all have our "push buttons".

This all feeds back on itself, the recipe for the deterministic chaos of
human activity. Perhaps the only remedy for this is to break the feedback
loop that generates the chaos. It is really simple:

"Do unto others as you would be done to" -- the Golden Rule.

Mike Carrell