--- On Tue, 11/11/08, Harry Veeder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: Harry Veeder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: They'll take a friggin' mile... And your little people,
> too!
> To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
> Date: Tuesday, November 11, 2008, 11:19 PM
>
> I suggest I-Thank-You's (money created independently of
> central banks)
> should be injected into the economy to cover the cost of
> tuition.

Not much of an economist myself, so I couldn't really say if it would help or
not. It might, but if it's a good idea, no self-respecting politician will try
it.

> Other student expenses could be covered by an optional
> program of
> community service.

Good idea, but the key word here is 'optional.' Involuntary servitude, as
Emmanuel and presumably (only presumably now, and not definitely, since
Change.gov was scrubbed) Obama want, is slavery.

Hmm. One wonders if minorities would be exempt from this servitude, or at least
given a big heaping helping of ways to get out of it, or ease on through.

By the way, guys... I'm a bit surprised none of the main beef of my post was
answered or discussed in any way. Usually the residents here like to beat the
living hell out of dissenting opinions. The deafening silence speaks volumes.

--Kyle