--- On Wed, 11/12/08, Jed Rothwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Speaking for myself, I don't respond to things like
> that because it is
> embarrassing. I mean, I pity you. You need to take a deep
> breath and come to
> your senses.

I don't need your pity, or anyone else's. I don't do the whole handout thing.

> Do you REALLY, honestly, for one second
> believe that Obama or
> any other U.S. politician would make a thing like this
> obligatory?

Are you that bleached in the head? It said MANDATORY on Change.gov! It said
MANDATORY in Rahm Emmanuel's damned book, for crying out loud! YOU need to read
the facts, I'm afraid. If the facts from the proverbial horse's mouth aren't
valid, what do you suggest is? Note, I said this PROBABLY WOULD NOT happen.
But, they do say this in their own published works. To deny it makes your
position as a bastion of truth extremely questionable, to say the least.

> That is
> so far out of the realm of the possible it isn't worth
> the effort to deny.
> What else do you think: that Obama is secretly a Muslim and
> he intends to
> make us all bow to Mecca?!? That he isn't a U.S.
> citizen?

I don't think he's a Muslim, and for that matter, don't have much of a problem
with it anyways. I've come to know and befriend many Muslims in the past year
or so, and find them to not be a bunch of nutcases. They're actually quite
friendly, and pointed out to me many times that stunts like suicide bombing is
forbidden by their Koran. Kindly remove your strawman.

As to his citizenship, I don't know. He might NOT be an American citizen. Or he
might. Who can say? Er...maybe the SCOTUS. Obama apparently has to answer to
them with documentation by Dec. 1st. I take no position on this, because I
simply do not know. I don't have the facts on that matter, and I haven't seen
the birth certificate. I honestly do not know. But I do know that Obama could
have quelled these fears easily by simply complying before now. I do know that
if McCain (who I did not support) did this same thing, you and your buddies
would be howling like mad.

> Apparently you buy these absurd fantasies wholesale from
> right-wing
> organizations. You are a gullible person. I suggest you
> calm down and try
> reading valid sources of information.

Change.gov is right wing? Rahm Emmanuel's book is right wing? Well shit, I
guess the Republicans managed to hoodwink us all...they must still be in power.
What's a valid source of information? National Enquirer?

Is it gullibility, or just being alert? If you've got any common sense, you'll
keep an eye on anyone who has power, Republican, Democrat, Green, or Neptunian,
and make sure it is not abused. Power does go to people's heads, and the checks
and balances do NOT always ensure that abuses won't get out of hand. If you
think there's no chance for anything, either now, or fifty years from now, to
happen that is so bad, there's about six million Jews who'd like to differ with
you.

--Kyle