Another example is water drops on very hot surfaces. A hot skillet with both
grease and water .. plasma physics ??
Richard

  Airdrag was involved or not? The shape is also oscillating between convex and
concave triangle.

  I also think the diamagnetic and gravitational forces can cause crazy things.
Remember that water is a very weak plasma and the very strong magnetic field
can cause electromagnetic effects in the water.

  I doesn't look like a well known physical condition to me.

  If you play the game I-Fluid you often notice a triangular shape of the drop
when it is moving over matter. I don't know if it is a physical effect or a
design decision. Games are a mixture but the physics simulation in them are
often very impressive and continually getting better and what we need are
pictures and not figures (numbers) so I think physics learning can come from
games..

  David