On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 3:53 AM, Horace Heffner <hheff...@mtaonline.net> wrote:

> Yes, and the price tag on all of them is incredible.

Indeed.  I don't know what you pay per kWh; but, it's only about ten
cents here.  If you can only expect 2000 kWh per year, the $200 in
cost reduction results in a simple payback of 50 years.  You gotta be
awfully green-minded to buy into that one.

The electronics are expensive if grid connection or battery storage
are involved.  Your idea of a simple resistive heater is the best
deal.  I know from the Toshiba Nuke article some people in the Yukon
are paying 47 cents per kWh which brings the payback to a reasonable
10 years.

Terry