This is a breath of fresh air that can make an old cynic have faith that science is not completely dead. I don't think guts are involved. Duncan simply had to take the time to explore the data. Any rational person who does this comes to the same conclusion. We pay entirely too much attention to the skeptics who have no understanding of science even though they were educated in that subject.

Ed


On Apr 30, 2009, at 3:38 PM, Jed Rothwell wrote:

You gotta love this man Duncan. He has guts! You should see the video. His description of getting a call from High Priest of Physics is hysterical. "Help me out with this" he says. Ha! I love the last PowerPoint slide:

"Research funding needs to become less dependent on the common assumptions within the culture of scientific communities, and much more courageous and objective.

The Scientific Method is a wonderful thing, use it always, no exceptions!"

I gather Pickens attended the conference. Maybe he was in the audience.

We are trying to get permission to upload the lecture to YouTube.

- Jed


Reply via email to