Edmund Storms wrote:
This is a breath of fresh air that can make an old cynic have faith that science is not completely dead.
Amen!
I don't think guts are involved.
I meant the part where he describes how upset the APS is with him, and the phone call from a highly prominent Ivy League prof who was "really angry with me for having done the [60 Minutes] piece." Hilarious! Quote starting at 40:42 in the video:
The point was, I laid out the scientific case [to the prof on the phone] but he flatly wouldn't consider it. And when I said, 'come on, why don't you just work with me here, through the data,' he said essentially, 'well, you know, us high caliber physicists have done that before, and there has never been anything there. So you charlatans just can go on and do whatever you like.' Okay. Well. It is interesting: my scientific reputation -- I guess, at least to him -- had been stronger before I did the piece.
But now, the point is, real science, possibly with outstanding engineering consequences, suddenly becomes a pariah science. A science where no one can go . . ."
Wow! - Jed

