Rick Monteverde wrote: > Remember the claims about sprouting plants tending to lean to center when > grown above a spinning mass? If you ever suspected that spinning certain > things (bismuth, brass, superconducting rings or discs, etc.) might cause > some anomalous gravity-like effects, the experiment below might look pretty > good to you. > > http://www.iop.org/EJ/article/1742-6596/150/3/032101/jpconf9_150_032101.pdf? > request-id=92423b19-1ec0-4379-891a-311c6c69e0b2 >
That's simply wonderful. I wonder what will happen if they replace the gyroscopes with a weight, and weight it with a very precise string scale. If the experimental setup is feasible(very precise scale, and whose accuracy is not affected by changes in temperature) I bet they'll detect a slight change of weight when the close to 0 K helium is put underneath. No need of rotate anything, just change the temperature of the close by helium, and register the weight. I think that all this is because gravity (i.e. tridimensional space curvature, or what is the same, the change on a fourth *spatial* dimension) is fluid, dynamical; it's caused by a stream or vortex whose intensity seems to be proportional to the local temperature and density of the medium in which is manifesting. I was thinking some days ago, about experiments in these same lines: To repeat the Cavendish experiment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment) , but at different temperatures. To repeat the Cavendish experiment, at different heights. That is, go to a mountain top and repeat the Cavendish experiment. I think that the supposed attraction between the two masses will be smaller there. Because gravity is not caused by the masses themselves, but the masses(the densities) are like corridors for the gravitational stream caused by the Earth; the surrounding space is distorted accordingly, and then you have what it looks like an atractive force between both masses. So, of you repeat the Cavendish experiment in deep space, "attraction" between both masses will not happen at all. Or will happen with a very small intensity, due to some "residual noise", quantum fluctuation, or something like that. And I ask you all: what's this "thing" that's flowing through space, subsuming into a fourth dimension? and what are the real causes of the workings of Gravity? Mauro

