On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Side Note: As for what are the wider implications of lethal text

Your side notes are often most entertaining.  It reminds me about the
power of the voice of God in Dogma:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120655/fullcredits#cast

which is such that no mortal can stand the sound, requiring the
Metatron as a spokesperson.  Come to think it, as painful as
Morissette's voice can be, I could appreciate Rickman as a permanent
interpreter.  ("What are you going to do?  Hit me with that fish?")

> Some of this goes back to the ruskie H-bomb man, physicist Andrei Sakharov,
> who put forward the radical hypothesis that gravity might not be a
> fundamental interaction at all, but is another form of resonant
> aether-conditioning so-to-speak.

Which probably explains Fermi's Paradox, not to mention Quasars.  Put
down that ax, Eugene.

Of course, Penrose and Hammeroff support the quantification of the
mind.  Indeed, Sarfatti
has expanded the Orch-OR theory to actually calculate the number of
active quantum elements required.  Jack believes that this mind has
the ability of such things as retro-causality which would explain some
ESP events.

Without knowing fer sure, I love the Penrose Prose:

"There is a certain sense in which I would say the universe has a
purpose. It's not there just somehow by chance. Some people take the
view that the universe is simply there and it runs along–it's a bit as
though it just sort of computes, and we happen by accident to find
ourselves in this thing. I don't think that's a very fruitful or
helpful way of looking at the universe, I think that there is
something much deeper about it, about its existence, which we have
very little inkling of at the moment."

Which has a slightly godful implication.  And Adams for balance:

what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and
inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has
already happened."

Terry