On May 23, 2009, at 8:43 AM, Terry Blanton wrote:

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Mauro Lacy <ma...@lacy.com.ar> wrote:

The furthest implications are that you have no right in physics,
epistemologically speaking, to talk about relative time scales, or which is
the same, time dimensions.

I believe your argument would be negated by successful results from
John G. Cramer's experiments:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/01/21/ ING5LNJSBF1.DTL

When NASA dropped funding for such advanced projects, John received
funding from public donations.  His present status:

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/05/20/1938752.aspx

Since two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time,
Cramer's entanglement experiements will require the dimensionality of
time.

Terry

It is interesting to me that the planned experiment described is very similar in some ways to the means I suggested to establish FTL communication:

http://mtaonline.net/~hheffner/FTL-down.pdf

One difference is the use of a moving lense at Alice's location, to change the detection mode to particle vs wave. A particle detection eliminates the interference pattern at Bob's location. This has a similar problem to my method, which is the practical problem of being able to establish an interference pattern at both Bob and Alice's location. Such a pattern establishes the "wave-like" measurement. Cramer's method uses slits to accomplish the interference pattern instead of the wave splitters I suggested, and this is probably a major improvement.

I would think using straight line communications for the experiment, as shown in Fig. 2 of my article, instead of fiber, would greatly reduce the noise and reduce the number of photons that lose entanglement due to interaction with the fiber atoms. Perhaps the planned use of Anton Zeilinger's periodically poled crystals, instead of down converters, to vastly increase the paired photon production will overcome the fiber limitations.

Cramer has a beautiful plan. I hope it comes to fruition. If the practical problems are overcome then the results will be most interesting.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/