okay, codons used are start and stop codons, and codons that cause
certain aminos to be put in place.

how can you tell if another codon is "activated" ?

im one of the supposed "star kids" or "violet children" myself. Had a
couple people try to tell my mom that when i was a kid. Her comments,
no, hes hyper intelligent, extra sensitive to certain things, and very
human and normal thoughout history as people like that happen all the
time.  we just dont burn them as witches anymore (much)

But, the sodium vapor lamp bit is still a great party trick.  in
puberty i had such excellent control i could point at lights nearby
and put out specific ones.  (not sure what causes it, but apparently
overloads of voltage in such lamps cause breakers to pop then come
back on when the light cools.  the theory was that the human body's
normal electrical field, if it matched up just right, could cause it.
who knows why.  But a couple years ago, i lived at a house that had a
few sodiums still on the street behind it.  i would walk that street
and then around and in, about a block out of the way.  my roomate knew
when i was a few minutes from home, because the backyard got dark as
the lamp went out as i walked under it every day. )