On Oct 29, 2009, at 5:21 AM, Jones Beene wrote:

Which can make a delta T of even 1/2 to one degree C. - seemingly low to the
outside observer, but really rather significant, when you consider the
actual number of nuclear events per second for the small amount of reactant.

Earthtech could possibly detect massive radiation if they would look for it
in the right spectrum (EUV).

I could not agree more.  8^)

You need to get right up close to the action to measure it though, unless you only want to observe in a water EUV transmission window. This is one of the reasons I came up with the edge-on-grid method. You can get window right up against the active surface.

To see the value of the edge-on-grid method, consider that the edge on grid method can be implemented with even a single hole in a cathode plate (or thick foil). This is in fact what gave me the idea in the first place. It is much superior to pressing wires against a detector I think. Coating the cathode plate with etch resist provides a superior barrier to the electrolyte than Mylar, because leaking around the Mylar edges has been experienced. It is possible to use a Mylar bag which opens only outside the electrolyte to avoid this, but that causes other problems. When the edge of the hole is used for the cathode surface, you don't have to worry about keeping wires in place, and and varying pressures, up against 6 micron Mylar, which easily rips, or bubbles that form under the Mylar etc. By choice of hole size, you can control the amount of stress the Mylar or other covering has to handle. By choice of cathode thickness and hole size and number of holes, you control surface area for co- deposition. The cell geometry is far more controlled than it can be by using wires for cathodes. The edge-on geometry is identical to the original SPAWAR cell (SZPACK cell, see :

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/SzpakSprecursors.pdf

http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/Szpak.pdf

by which anomalous effects of electric and magnetic fields were observed on the co-deposition layer, and cold fusion as well. I think the edge-on geometry may be useful in continuing investigation of these anomalies.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/