-----Original Message-----
From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax

> > Shanahan's cigarette-lighter explanation does not factor for the lack of
excess heat when doing this with hydrogen.

> Well, at the risk of defending a "repulsive" argument, many experiments do
show excess heat with hydrogen, including some of the Arata experiments.

OK - I should have said "including Kitamura's version of the Arata
experiments"

http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/KitamuraAanomalouse.pdf

At first read, I thought this was going to be an Arata replication, and
little
else.. Wrong. There is excess energy with both hydrogen and deuterium

The important implications are in Table 1, the line entry begins with
[H-PZ4#1].

In fact he gets more energy from hydrogen than from a few of the deuterium
runs and ostensibly without LENR, without nuclear reactions, and without
combustion. I suspect that it is even without Mills hydrino, but that is
unclear.

Although, I should add that the authors do not state the glaring implication
of this in so many words. I do not think they could have missed this.

That is why I called it an "alternative energy" paper instead of an LENR
paper. The active modality for the first phase is surely ZPE.

It also bolsters the view that deuterium gets most of its total gain in the
second phase, but hydrogen gets none there. The second phase is nuclear.

Jones