I was referring to the first post in the thread
Integral from -r0 to +r0 of (r0^2-r^2)/(R0-r)^2 dr
It was the result of approximation and full precision gives 1/r^2 as in
ordinary gravity.

But of course any non point mass will have tidal effects so the center of
mass issue remains. Are there any good sites on how this effect affects the
stability of orbits. Maybe some other effect is balancing this effect to
make orbits stable? Rotation of the elongation due to tidal effect also
complicates things. I can imagine that only certain combinations of tidal
elongation and rotation exists. Is the bulge of the elongation always
between 0 to pi/2 radians from the direction to the other body?

David

David Jonsson, Sweden, phone callto:+46703000370