Here is some correspondence from Celani and Rossi. I assume this means the steam was vented out of the window. I had a comical image in mind of people trying to conduct an experiment amidst clouds of steam, like something from Monty Python.

Another comical scenario would be the "hidden wires" gambit. I can just imagine Rossi telling the profs: "No, you can't move the table. We have to maintain the proper Feng Shui. No, don't move the machine either! Don't look underneath. Hey, don't put your hand under there you'll be electrocu . . . I mean, you'll interfere with the Feng Shui 'negative' chi forces . . . Insulation? Okay, I'll wrap it up. Why don't you people go for a stroll, or go eat lunch. Or come back tomorrow! I'll install the thermocouples for you while I'm at it . . ."

- Jed

Dear Sirs,
I confirm that the steam has been discharged outside. Otherwise we'd
have made a strong "sauna".
Warmest Regards,
Andrea Rossi