On 01/20/2011 03:44 PM, Terry Blanton wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com> wrote:
>

>> Erm -- "Rossi", not "Rossi and Focardi".  I haven't read anything indicating
>> Focardi knows what the "secret ingredient" is -- as far as I know, only
>> Rossi knows.
>>
> Focardi stated that he indeed did not know the nature of the catalyst.

Indeed.  Rossi is the only one who knows.

Rossi, AFAIK, is the only one who actually inspected the inside of the
reactor before and after the demonstration.

Rossi, AFAIK, is the source of the assertion that another reactor
somewhere has run for six months and transmuted a third of the nickel to
copper (an /absolutely/ conclusive event, of course).

Short of proof (not rumors, not statements by Rossi) to the effect that
long runs (several hours or more) have been conducted, then, it seems to
come down to just one question:

Is Rossi honest?

If he is, it's for real.

If he isn't, then a "chemical scam", using thermite or some other
high-energy-density fuel, hasn't been ruled out.  Furthermore, in that
case it may be the simplest explanation.

In the latter case, one can assume there will be delays and unexpected
problems with continuing to create the effect on demand a few months
down the road...