Hi

Nice comments.

It will probably take months until I have reach as far as to answer your
questions

On Jupiter there are complex winds, some faster and some slower than the
planet.

I would gladly treat the winds on any planet but there is too little data on
them. I need pressure and temperature dependency on depth in the atmosphere.
Maybe it can be derived. It will be very interesting to see inf the normal
stress component significantly alters the scale height (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale_height ) H = kT/Mg of the atmosphere.
That would be a real breakthrough. g in that formula is dependent on thermal
motion as show in the Physicsforum thread. Another thing is that not very
deep down in the atmosphere it will be so hot that there will be ionization
with free electrons. Electrons are so lightweight and fast that the thermal
effect on their centripetal acceleration makes their g value very much lower
than the ions and thus produce an electric field directed inwards. I find it
very interesting and I am surprised it hasn't been investigated. I have read
something about an electric field on Jupiter or Saturn. On the Earth it
is varying over the day between 80-120 V/m. I wonder how much the thermal
stress contributes to that.

David

David Jonsson, Sweden, phone callto:+46703000370