Here is a message Ed sent to Abd and me, reprinted with permission --

This debate of whether to believe Rossi ignores two very important facts. We now know that chemically assisted nuclear reactions are possible, thanks to the CF work. This not like the claims for over unity based on odd electric circuits or motors. Second, Rossi has been working with people who have published evidence for excess energy and nuclear products using Ni and H2. Consequently, he has not come out of left field with a novel claim. His contribution is the increase in magnitude. Given the state of CF these days, a person would gain no advantage by creating a fake. First of all, no one would believe it and when it was exposed, the game would be over. So, Rossi has shown all the characteristics of a real claim.

The fact that he does not take the path that Jed advocates means nothing. If I had such a discovery that did not have patent protection, I would take the same path. Rossi's goal is to keep people confused so that no one discovers his secret until he gets a patent. I suspect a lot is going on under the radar using NDA that allow Rossi to contact investors and the US patent office. As for the 1 MW device, I expect it has been delivered and is being tested right now. By Oct. the device will be well under control and will have a history of performance as Rossi claims. I expect by then, his patent will be granted. The man is no fool and obviously has talented people working with him. He is doing exactly what a rational person would do under the circumstances.

Ed

My response:

I do not advocate any action that would endanger Rossi's intellectual property, or his chances of getting a patent. I do not know much about patents. If the actions I advocate would endanger the patent I hereby un-advocate them.

I do not have as much respect for Rossi's business acumen as Ed does.