If I had been an ideological skeptic, certain all CF claims were
bogus, erroneous, delusional or fraudulent, I would have been much
quicker to see the obvious unproven aspects of the January 14 Rossi
demo, and the consistent pattern of unproven claims in all the demos
since.  (I've always been ready to accept that CF or LENR is real.)

The blaring announcements of Defkalion fit this pattern rather well.

House of cards processes are notable in history.

The null hypothesis so far has not been falsified by facts...