On 2011-07-25 12:15, Akira Shirakawa wrote:
Short URL: http://goo.gl/H4vDd
- The older "reactivated" cells that are being tested right now show
small excess heat (2-3 times the input energy), but for new ones it's
expected about an output of 200 times the input energy.
- According to several third-parties, older cells have been able to work
in self-sustaining mode for quite some amount of time.
- Experiments are being performed in a lab near Siena. Italian
institutions are not involved, however a public USA agency will probably
contribute to the development and certify/validate the reaction.
- There's minimal risk of info leaking from such agency. Anyway,
everything is now protected by patents (pending). Last week, Piantelli's
group filed a third patent for the latest technologies to be implemented
in his devices.
- A gradual scale-up in power is necessary because nobody so far has
attempted making a big cell. To avoid potential disasters (it's a
nuclear reaction after all) it's necessary to be able to control it no
matter what. As for when the scale-up will be ready... "when it's done".
Smaller devices will be sold first.
- The proposed Supporter's trust  is to offer people a chance to
participate to the technology development, but it won't guarantee
anything. Piantelli's group doesn't *need* money; the aim is to put the
technology on the hands of many enthusiasts and interested people as a
form of protection.