Harry veeder wrote:
>To be more precise, the temperature difference between the inside of the
>reaction vessel and the water cannot be >greater than a certain value  or the
>generation of heat will cease and the difference cannot be less than a certain
>>value or the reactor temperature will then begin to rise autonomously until
>the vessel melts. These crucial temperature differences are calculated by
>subtracting the water temperature from the optimal operating temperature of
>the vessel's >interior.

Damon Craig writes:
An exothermic reaction such as Rossi has been attempting to sell is dependent
upon temperature is described by a modification to Fourier's Law to include
energy evolution.
Heat energy is a conserved quantity in Fourier's Law: Google this and include
Wikipedia. The time rate change of energy in a volume is equal to the rate of
energy flux density exiting over the surface, A of the volume.
Delta E / Delta T = -J A
The negative sign means the flux is exiting the volume.
The decrease in energy of a volume is equal to the energy flux leaving. Very
simple. We see this all over the place, in electromagnetism in the form of
charge conservation and fluid dynamics as fluid conservation. It is know
generally known as the "continuity equation". Look it up if you like. It is
compatible with special relativity. Properly formulated it is compatable with
general relativity. It's very basic---very fundemental.
Now Fourier's Law, in the equation I gave is talking about heat energy only.
What happens if chemical potential energy or nuclear potential energy is turned
into heat energy? This hidden energy shows up as heat energy. Now the change in
thermal energy of a  volume element will be increased by the addition caused by
potential energy turning into thermal energy.
So we have to modify Fourier's Law to include evolution of potential energy
into heat energy.
Delta E / Delta T = -J A + p(T)
p is the evolved energy dependent upon the temperature, T.