Michele Comitini <michele.comit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nope. Even if I did, it would prove nothing, since anyone can write a few
> > lines of ascii text and claim they came from an e-mail.
> That is arguable at least if you use PGP or OpenPGP to sign your
> bytes. I think anyone that sends data on the public should use

some kind of digital signature system, better if it is based on open
> standards.

Let me state this a little more clearly. A little more categorically.

I have uploaded 1,200 papers about cold fusion, including some by leading
opponents claiming that cold fusion does not exist, and it is fraud. I have
uploaded a long, detailed list of reasons to doubt that Rossi's results are
real. (The "Rossi hints.") I was one of the first one here to describe Rossi
and his many personal foibles. I said clearly that these foibles make me
nervous, and that I questioned his claims. Until the January demonstrations
I was unwilling to believe these claims -- but of course I never disbelieve
something without detailed knowledge and good reasons. I am skeptic in the
original sense of the word.

In short, I have demonstrated many times, in many ways, that I am willing to
report the facts about cold fusion, even when those facts are bad for public
relations. Even when they are setbacks that hurt the image of the field. I
have demonstrated that I do not play favorites in disputes when it comes to
uploading papers. I do not ever distort or hide technical facts. I have a
proven track record. I have credibility.

If Damon Craig does not trust me, and if he thinks I have deliberately
uploaded fake data or exaggerated data into the news section, he can go to
hell. I am not going to lift a finger or take any steps to reassure him that
I am telling the truth.